Our goal is to become a "zero waste" business. All items we hand to customers are edible, drinkable, commercially compostable, recyclable, or reusable.
Whenever possible, we source food locally. And while coffee can never be a local product in New England, we source the most environmentally friendly coffees we can find.
Some of our environmentally sustainable practices include:
- We brew locally roasted, organic, fairly traded, and shade grown coffee.
- We source our milk and other food products from local suppliers and use organic ingredients when possible.
- We use exclusively recyclable or biodegradable paper goods, disposables, and packaging.
- We donate our coffee grounds to local farms and school programs for compost.
- Our stores also recycle paper, cardboard, milk jugs, and bottles.
- We offer a $.25 discount to customers who bring their own mug, which cuts down on waste. We also sell a travel mug made 100% from USA corn.